Jobs/ Machine Vision Expert
Are you curious, eager, creative, and capable of pushing the technical boundaries within one of the top three most innovative companies in the Netherlands? At Lely, you will utilize your talent to further develop our state of the art vision systems in order to invent the best robots in the agricultural sector.
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team conducting research and development in computer vision for autonomous vehicles, milking robots, and other exciting challenges.
Your responsibilities include:
- Developing embedded vision systems within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Creating proof-of-concept of your ideas for applying computer vision to Lely robots.
- Designing, implementing and unit testing of software.
- Maintaining existing software.
- Setting up test procedures along with Test Engineers.
To keep you on-the-edge, we offer you an international, innovative and state-of-art workplace. Get inspired by working with the most innovative technologies in the field at the most sustainable office of Europe, our ‘greenest innovation campus’.
Lely pays a lot of attention to training for personal and professional development. You have the freedom to organise your own work and have the ability to work from home. Of course we offer you a great salary and excellent secondary benefits; 27 holidays plus 13 additional days and an excellent pension scheme.
Successful applicants will be positive, creative, perseverant and equally comfortable with researching new technologies and realizing vision systems for commercial products. They would have experience in Machine Vision and Machine Learning.
However, great minds can learn anything. If you have an algorithmic mind and love to create products, we are happy to have a chat!
- Experience developing complex algorithms.
- MSc Computer Science, Robotics, Embedded Systems or a relevant field.
- Excellent at your favorite programming language.
- At least 2 years’ experience in an R&D environment.
- Experience with computer vision.
- Knowledge of C++, Python and MATLAB.
- Experience developing embedded real-time CV methods.
- Knowledge of computer vision libraries such as OpenCV, FastCV.Knowledge of optimizing software for heterogeneous platforms (for example with OpenCL).
- Familiar with 3D camera technologies such as Time of Flight, Structured Light, Stereo Camera and Laser.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning is a plus (Caffe, torch, TensorFlow, theano)
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary Agile Scrum teams.
Our Organisation / The Department
As an international family business in the agricultural sector, we spend every day making farmers’ lives easier with innovative solutions and tailored services. These solutions range all the way from forage harvesting on the field to milk in the tank. We provide advice on how to organise a dairy farm smartly with the use of management systems. Our vision and the needs and demands of our clients are the things that drive and inspire us.
You will be part of the “Competence Center Embedded Software” which is responsible for the software for intelligent robotic milking systems, feeding systems, AGV’s and other products. The embedded systems run on different hardware platforms, for instance ARM. With 30 engineers at the department, you will develop new products towards a fully functioning prototype.
Application contact information
Email : email@example.com