Events/ International Conference on Computer Graphics and Digital Image Processing 2017
- July 2nd, 2017 to July 4th, 2017
- Prague, Czech Republic
- February 5th, 2017
- Visit CGDIP 2017 website
The 2017 issue of the International Conference on Computer Graphics and Digital Image Processing (CGDIP 2017) will be hosted in Prague, Czech Republic from 2-4 July, 2017.
CGDIP 2017 is an international forum for the presentation of technological advances and research results in the fields of Computer Graphics and Digital Image Processing. The conference will bring together leading researchers, engineers and scientists in the domain of interest from around the world.
There are already several well-established conferences focussing either on computer graphics, image processing, or computer vision. CGDIP is offered as a forum for the increasing ways of interactions between those three fields, and also as a novel forum for the young generation of researchers and students in the field, offering fresh opportunity to get involved without any overhead of a dominating organisatorial structure or organisation. The format and layout of CGDIP is especially planned for encouraging contacts and discussions between emerging researchers in the listed fields. For example, the conference will also include sessions for ``last-minute’’ results, and joint social activities (e.g. a joint walk, a conference dinner in a traditional beer garden) for encouraging contacts between participants. However, for the peer-reviewed and accepted papers there is also a novel mechanism implemented for ensuring high quality: recommended revisions will be briefly reviewed in a second round of reviewing.
Graphics and imaging related technologies play an obviously ever increasing role in our world, ranging from small day-by-day applications to large-scale and long-term projects, covering aspects, for example, in the entertainment industry, in novel transport systems, or in very eminent areas of research related, e.g., to space research or whole city modelling. Participants of CGDIP may expect a very colorful and interesting academic conference program.
Topics of interest
- Rendering including real-time rendering,illumination, photo-realistic graphics
- Graphics hardware, GPU, and hardware-related techniques
- Information visualization
- Parallelization in computer graphics
- Theoretical foundations
- Perceptual aspects of computer graphics
- Computer graphics for small/large displays
- User interfaces, human-computer interaction
- Virtual environments / augmented reality
Modeling and Animation
- Geometric modeling and advanced concepts
- Computer animation
- Physics- based modeling, natural phenomena
- Information visualization
- Scientific visualization
Images processing and computer vision
- Computational photography
- Image-based computer graphics
- Advances in image processing
- Machine learning, computer graphics, biological vision